The role of the HR manager is to align HR strategies effectively with business goals by managing employee life cycle such as recruitment, engagement, payroll, performance management and personnel affairs. Furthermore, the role is responsible to bridge relationship between management & employee and ensure compliance as per company procedures, local & legal regulations.
Here are his/her main duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible to manage & enhance the station’s human resources team by planning, implementing, and evaluating overall employee life cycle programs like recruitment, employee engagement, governance, payroll, performance management and other employee relation initiatives.
• Partner with the leadership team, department heads to understand and execute talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs.
• Monitor implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by the team and follow up on the deliverables of each section as required. This includes the following:
o Recruitment – Supervise recruitment process ensuing process steps are completed within the specified timelines and the on boarding formalities proceed seamlessly.
o Payroll – Monitor monthly payroll process for effective and accurate functioning ensuring salaries & other dues are paid on time through proper channels.
o HR activities & services – Oversee attendance records, uniform distribution, staff satisfaction survey process, exit process, appraisal process etc ensuring effectiveness and execution of programs
o Employee Engagement – Manage engagement programs, rewards & recognition programs, and handle day to day employee requests
o Grievance/ Violations – Ensure to conduct adequate formal invitigation with proper documentation from initiation to recommend and implement appropriate disciplinary actions within the specified SLA. Also, collaborate with legal team as required.
o Personnel – Constantly follow up on the execution of all admin procedures related to government/labour law are acurate and reconcile issues if any.
o Accommodation & transportation – Monitor as well as manage cost and availability of accommodation & transportation ensuring effectiveness of services being provided (wherever applicable).
• Collective Bargaining Agreement – Overseeing negotiating collective bargaining agreements with unions while managing dispute resolution involving employees, unions, government agencies, other firms, etc. and advising management (wherever applicable).
• Work on company manpower plan ensuring target structure is maintained throughout the year, also ensure periodic revision of job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Responsible for implementing yearly performance appraisal in coordination with department heads ensuring performance evaluation of employees under the prescribed system.
• Contribute to the development of technology, systems, and dashboards to maintain HR data base, filing systems and related documentation for ensuring compliance as per the requirements.
• Develop and maintain SOPs for HR processes; monitor implementation and evaluate efficiency, identify areas of raising efficiency and effectiveness and to improve performance, policies, and programs.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• MBA Preferable.
• Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience in Human Resources in a supervisory or management role.
• Sound knowledge of French Labour laws, Compliance requirements and market demands and trends.
• Good command in both written and spoken English and French.
• Detailed minded, excellent management skills, strong business acumen with reasonable level of financial literacy.
• Leadership and Teambuilding skills along with strong analytical and Problem-solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
• Strong leadership ability.
• Strategic mindset.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
• Excellent ability to lead and manage.
• Continually drive effective results.
• Communicate effectively at all levels.
• Customer centric.
• High EQ.
• Negotiation skills.
• Available during standard office hours and as requested outside of office hours.
• May require attending Business trips on ad hoc basis.
The HR Manager may have up to:
• 3 Direct reports
• 10 Indirect reports